Age group: 8 - 12 years
Freestyle gym* is an action packed movement class for boys and girls ages 8 to 12 years. The program focuses on developing a broad base of movement capabilities through gymnastics, parkour and tumbling skills.
Freestyle gym is a challenging and progressive skills and award program:
- Exploring how to move different body parts in a controlled manner, including safe falling techniques
- Establishing a foundation of strength to meet the demands of participation in diverse movement and physical activity
- Improving balance and stability skills
- Developing body control to improved coordination and proficiency during movement and physical activity
- Mastering and transferring skills and knowledge to different movement and physical activity contexts
The program has 12 stages and towards the end of each term participants complete a skill progress review and achieve their first or next stage.
*This program is currently only offered at our Clarence venue.
For more information please contact us on 03 62290900
Freestyle Skill Week
“You’ve Got Skills”
Skill week occurs at the end of each term where we provide the opportunity for gymnasts to demonstrate their skill improvement and acquisition based on our curriculum for each stage.
Selected skills are filmed and your son or daughter will receive a badge relevant to their badge level. These skills are evaluated, and stars are awarded for individual accomplishments via our online “You’ve Got Skills” activity log. Your child’s achievements are shared with you via our customer portal. If you wish to have a certificate printed or downloaded, please contact our customer service team and we are happy to arrange this for you. Each term the gymnasts proceed to the next stage, of which there are 12 in total.
Skills are evaluated post lesson. Star ratings are based upon the following:
- Very good
We film the freestyle skills for the following reasons
- To provide consistency across all venues and classes
- Team Leaders can monitor and review individual progress and overall program quality
- To determine ongoing coach education needs
Once the videos have been reviewed, they are permanently deleted, and this occurs daily.
What if my child is absent and not available to attend the filming lesson?
- You can book to attend our courtesy filming make up sessions
- These can be booked online via our customer portal
What if my child misses filming all together?
- They still are recognised as having progressed through the badge level during the term and will also receive a badge, however no stars will be awarded.
You can participate in this program at the following venues...