Gymsports Positive Action Plan
Re: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
We understand and respect families have and will continue to make decisions on participation in classes during this time. Our positive action plan is to make sure our gyms are as safe and healthy as can be. During this time, we believe young people need stability, consistency and of course to keep active. We feel we can be a part of providing this through offering continued classes for kids to have fun and expend some energy.
We are implementing practices recommended by the Australian Health Department to protect individuals and others via the practice of good hygiene, social distancing, limiting indoor gathering numbers to 100 or less and following the cleaning guidelines.
- We have increased cleaning and disinfecting practices
- We ask everyone to use hand sanitiser or visit the restrooms to wash their hands
- During classes we will be encouraging keeping distance between others wherever possible, minimising physical contact
- We will not be using hand held equipment and drink bottle buckets
- Parents and Carers are encouraged to practice social distancing when their children are in classes i.e. go for a walk
- Coaches will be encouraging gymnasts not to touch their face and covering coughs and sneezes with their elbow or a tissue
- Please do not come to gym if you are sick, we will allow extended periods of time to book make up classes