Our mission is Developing friendly, active and responsible people.
We believe in and live a culture of learning where individuals take responsibility in partnership with the Gymsports for their development. One of core values at Gymsports is continual growth and learning. We highly value enabling young people to develop their leadership and coaching skills through our Youth Leadership Program.
Youth Leaders participate in our Learn to Gym Programs over a 2 year period. The program is for young people 14 years (or turning 14). In the 1st year youth leaders commence are actively involved in our Fungym and Gymskills programs. In the 2nd year youth leaders may specialise into various Learn to Gym Programs.
- Weekly online bite-sized and on-the-job learning
- Practical coaching 1 session per week
- Mentor coaches to guide and assist with learning
- 4 practical workshops per year led by our senior coaches
- Opportunity to commence gym party employment in the 2nd year of the program
- Opportunity of employment at the completion of the 2nd year
- Facilitated completion of a Coaching Accreditation through Gymnastic Australia
Youth Leadership Program Application 2022
Youth Leadership Program Information evening:
Clarence Gymsports – Tuesday, 7th Dec, 6:30 – 7:00pm
Kingborough Gymsports – Tuesday 7th Dec, 6:30 – 7:00pm
Parents are welcome to attend with candidates. Please register your interest to attend by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org